Sunday, October 28, 2012

Modeling Lifelong Learning as Teachers



The article below hit a nerve with me when I read it on Friday evening.  It made me think about the potential for adult learning communities at Blair and the ways in which we model learning behavior for our students.  As this article points out, we are at a prime moment in our ability as educators to harness the energies of technology for our students and for ourselves.  I wonder how often we think of ourselves as 'learners' within the tumolt of the academic year and I wonder how we can do more to help ourselves find the space to read, discuss, try something new, and learn?  I am a firm believer that such things make us better teachers and make us respect the behavior we demand of our students.

http://connectedprincipals.com/archives/6504

1 comment: