Friday, November 2, 2012

Using Blogs with your Class


 

 I recently started using blogs for both my AP U.S. History and Western Civilization classes.  The Western Civilization blog has been a tad slower getting off the ground because of the power outages, but so far, I am quite happy with the results of the AP U.S. History blog and the posts the kids have created.  I task one student for each class to blog about our discussion, the areas we found confusing or that connected to previous discussions, or to write about whatever they feel like on that day.  The kids can post by sending an email which then goes into the 'drafts' section of the blog - I then go in and edit and add 'labels' so that the posts are easily searchable.
     My hope is that over the course of the year the blog will serve as a forum for discussion, a repository for the collective memory of the class, and a helpful site for students to review the ideas and topics we covered during the year.

AP U.S. History Blog:  http://blairacademy-apush.blogspot.com/

Western Civilization Blog:  http://blairacademy-westerncivilization.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment